Sunday, December 30, 2007

it's that time again...

hey people!!

as we hurtle towards the beginning of the new year, let's take a little bit of time to recap and give thanks for what happened this past year of 2007! =) Here go the annual CherAwards! (Trying to make this a tradition and let's see if it works! hehe)

I'll start with all the non-friend-related stuff first so that it'll force you all to read them hahaha. Better read!

PS - these refer to things that i've watched/read/listened to IN 2007.. Doesn't mean they came out during 2007 k! hehe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 10 SONGS OF 2007

10) Zhuan Shu Tian Shi (Tank) - mainly coz of Hana Kimi, this song tended to make me cry! Haha it's super sweet.

9) For the Love (Drew Sidora and Mario) - from Step Up the movie! This song is a really beautiful ballad that again, tugs at the heartstrings.

8) Say It Right (Nelly Furtado) - kind of a break out track for Ms Furtado I think! This song is really catchy and danceworthy! Along with this song i'd also give kudos to Maneater (which is really da BOMB) and Glow, and All Good Things (Come to an end)

7) Candyman (Christina Aguilera) - OMG utterly loved this track! Very sixties and bigband and all! I'm not good at identifying genres but I really love how this track sounds. It's not higher on the board coz of its difficulty to sing! The harmonies are OOOOHLALA~ Gosh you really gotta love Xtina haha. Her voice is utterly awesome!

6) Last Night (P. Diddy feat Keyshia Cole) - ahhhh this song.. Tough fight coz I wanted to put this song higher up but too bad coz.. well you'll see why later. Anw, i utterly love this song coz of it's beautiful drum rhythm. Dum ta ta dum ta ta dum ta dum dum etc. Super nice and super super "I-WANNA-GET-UP-AND-DANCE-AND-GO-CLUBBING-NOWWW" kind! I kept it on my ipod playlist for the longest time possible and it's my current hp ringtone. I really like this one! =)

5) Love Stoned + What Goes Around (Justin Timberlake) - reason why Last Night has to go below is coz JT is holdin the fort here at 5! He released quite a number of good songs this year, the most significant of which being What Goes Around, My Love and most recently i think, Love Stoned and Damn Girl. Love Stoned is a really really really nice track tell ya! And What Goes Around was just freaking great to listen to and sing to! As are My Love and Damn Girl =) Rockin' songs =)

4) Gimme More + Piece Of Me (Britney Spears) - this woman came back with a vengeance!! I really really like Piece of Me - damn catchy tune. And Gimme More was no 1 on the billboards for a reason. I like Britney's sort-of-new sound. Piece of Me is really really just so catchy and danceworthy =)

3) I Like You Just the Way You Are ( Timbaland ft Keri Hilson) - OOOH. New song but i so love this song! The chorus reheeeaaally rocks! It's awesomely catchy (is there nothing else I know how to say?) and I like Timbaland's tracks a LAWT.

2) Makes Me Wonder + Won't Go Home Without You (Maroon 5) - this band utterly amazed me this year! These 2 are wonderful tracks from a stellar album and i'm looking forward to more singles from them! M5've totally outdone themselves - and you thought She Will Be Loved and Sunday Morning were good, THINK AGAIN! haha. I'm expecting more from them man! And I especially love the MTVs. Gorgeous work. Plus, Adam Levine is YUMMM! Hehe

and drumrolll......

1) BE WITHOUT YOU (MARY J BLIGE) - one word - FANTASTIC. Mary J Blinge deserves her awards for this.

---------------------------

TOP 10 MUSIC ARTISTES for 2007

This list was relatively easier to compile, lol. Here goes:

10) Jay Chou - He keeps coming up with new stuff that is just so great to listen to. Too bad it wasn't anything too spectacular or he'd have placed way higher!

9) Show Luo Zhi Xiang / Jolin Tsai - I think Jolin came up with a great album chock full of danceworthy tracks earlier this year. Xiaozhu gets placed because he's a darned sleek dancer and apparently, darned hard worker. And I like his sense of humor lol.

8) Britney Spears - From what I've heard so far, her comeback album is pretty cool! Kudos for coming back with a BAM! If she could only clean up her act... haha

7) Fergie - I think fergie did a great job this year with lots of great songs (I loved them all though none of them were good enough on their own to make it into my top 10) I liked Fergalicious, Glamorous, the Make-Up Song (All that I got) and of course, Big Girls Don't Cry.. Being a BEP alumnus sure makes your music sound good huh. Hahas

6) Justin Timberlake - I've always like this guy's music. And this year has seen quite some of them! What Goes Around, My Love, Damn Girl, Love Stoned, Give It To Me (with Nelly F and Timbaland) and quite some more that I don't really remember. I poofed his entire LoveSounds/FutureSex album. It was pretty awesome =) He always has a keen sense of musical direction which is usually quite coherent in his albums. Pap-beating brought him down though. And Jessica Biel.

5) Rihanna - Oh this girl had it MAAAADE this year! Smash hit Umbrella and its weeks on the top of the billboards made it the reigning Summer Anthem of 2007 and placed it alongside the ranks of songs like Yeah! and Shake Ya Tail Feather etc! There's like, a magic song every year and Umbrella was THE song of 2007! Totally. Rihanna is a great girl too, nice character and all, from what I see on MTV.. And tracks like Shut Up and Drive and Unfaithful are pretty good too but not good enough to pull her up to the top 4 of my list...!

4) Gwen Stefani - Yeah her name was glaringly absent from my top 10 songs huh! That said, Gwen also had an amazing year, what with The Sweet Escape and Don't Get It Twisted as well as Early Winter. I also poofed her whole album and was rewarded with fantastic fantastic songs. I liked all of them, which is pretty rare when it comes to me and albums. Add to that the fact that her songs have VERY HIGH re-listening value..! Imagine listening to songs like Cool, Luxurious, Rich Girls etc again! You know you're just dying to sing all of em again!! Gwen Stefani is an awesome artiste with great music. So there!

3) Nelly Furtado - I must really applaud this lady. She managed to reinvent herself perfectly with a new sound and all. Maneater, Say It Right, All Good Things (Come to an end), Glow.. All are songs from a really amazing new album released this year and they're all really awesome! Good job on taking something different, new and foreign and making it WORK! *applauds*

2) Maroon 5 - I've got lots of love for this band. They wow-ed me with Makes Me Wonder, making me sit up and listen to them with this song, showing that they can do something different. While She Will Be Loved and Sunday Mornings and other tracks from Songs About Jane were really fantastic, Makes Me Wonder was just breathtakingly GOOOOD. Then the hubbub died down and all was kinda just forgotten. And who knows, I turn the channel to MTV one day and there goes Won't Go Home Without You - another song that just got into my head after just ONE listen! Very little songs do that, and Maroon 5 is proving they ain't just a one-album wonder. GO!!! (and yea Adam Levine is HAWT)

now drumrolllll......!!!

1) TIMBALAND - I have got SO MUCH respect for this guy. He remade Nelly Furtado, gave JT's tracks amazing arrangements, then brought the 2 together to give us a wonderful song Give It To Me. Then he went on to record I Like You Just The Way You Are with Keri Hilson, which was just another fantastic song. This year I found myself on the lookout for songs that had his name on it, and I just KNEW he was this year's Number 1 music artiste man. His arrangements really give an amazing edge to the music that makes it just super danceworthy and all. Yea ok enough gushing. Lol


Honorable mention: Chris Brown (Wall-to-Wall!), Leona Lewis (Bleeding Love!!!!), Gary Cao (beipan!), 5566 (SAM WANG!!!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hahas. Ok. Will continue the CherAwards nx time! Tired and needa sleep!

No comments: