Sunday, March 11, 2007

shopping and the story of Lasik

wooh. been spending the past 2 days shopping online (spreee-ing!) and watching jiang shi.. Finished part 2 of jiang shi ytd and started part 3.. A bit turned off by the beginning haha.

Anw, i have some great news to share wit everyone!! MySecretCloset's new collection is out!! Go see mSc NOW!! http://www.mysecretcloset.has.it haha. I feel like organizing a mSc spree, right here on my own blog. Tell you what, if you all have stuff you wanna order frm there, email me with the product code or msn me, i'll order for you first and we might get like, a mass discount or sth! And at least will save ur time collecting the thing coz it's super convenient for me to get the stuff (winks at huihua haha) Anw, I've already bought like what, 10 items of clothing frm mSc =) v nice, quality good and their dresses considered quite cheap! Compared to most local online shops (those without huge capital kind), mSc's one of the best already! Do it asap, coz their stuff runs out quite fast! Tell me asap what u want and i can chope for u!! Quick, onlineshopaholics (ahem evy)!!!

Ok ok enough abt the happy stuff. Event blog event blog.. After outing wit siying i can't rmb much other stuff apart frm my Lasik checkup on Fri.. So yupps as many of you now know, i'm having my Lasik op on 17 Mar. And I'm damn scared by it. Let me tell you why.

The operation is sth like this. They will put numbing eye drops on ur eyes first, then when u lie down, they'll use some machine to clamp your eyelids open, then some machine will cover your eye and by applying some pressure or suction, will squeeze your cornea till it's nice n firm, then a machine will come from the side and cut a flap in ur cornea, then the doctor will use a stick thingy and open tt flap, then the laser will shoot shoot shoot and correct your cornea faults, then the doctor will put the flap back, then put a piece of lens over the cornea, then you're done! Yes yes sounds pretty simple right? But out of the operation alone you know what i'm most afraid of? The fact tt i have to SEE everything going on, and also the part where they create the cornea flap. Like OMFG they are CUTTING MY EYE. Damn damn damn damn scared.

Anyways, after the op they'll put some bug eyed protector thing over your eyes then u got to put antibiotic eyedrops every hour for the first day, then go back for checkup first thing the next day. Got to sleep wit the eye protector thing in case u rub ur eyes at night (then the cornea flap will wrinkle up and get inflammed and cannot heal and you will GO BLIND!).. Then after the checkup the day after the op right, they will remove the lens, then u got to put antibiotic eyedrops every 4 hours. Then three months later go back for another checkup.. Hopefully by tt time all is well then dun need to go back again.. If not they will do minor corrective surgery to fix any probs..

Other things to note:
cannot wash hair for 2 days after surgery (don't want water to get into eyes)
cannot use stuff that has fragrance
cannot swim for a month
cannot rub eyes
cannot close eyes too tightly shut
Avoid dusty places
got some other "cannot"s that i can't rmb at this point

Most common side effects:
dry-eyes (i already have dry eyes so my eyes after the op will become even drier)
extreme light-sensitivity at night

Worst possible outcome:
BLINDNESS!

How to not be scared, tell me? Got so many things to worry abt! Grr


Anw at the checkup, I was so scared coz they kept doing stupid things to my eyes! Like taking photos of my cornea (using laser thingy la) and blowing puffs of air into my eye (quite a strong jet of air some more la!) then they put some eye drops so tt my pupils wld dilate! And let me tell you, tt was my first time putting eye drops in more than 10 years!! I was freaking out la my eyes kept shutting. Then my mom came to pry my eye open while the doctor dropped the liquid in. Grr.

Haha but anw after Lasik (and after my eyes have healed properly) my mom wants me to go and do double eylid surgery. Wahahahahaha. Funny nia~ Oh anw, my parents are kinda wanting me to go for Lasik coz for my dad he just wants me to go and take my PDL (i keep failing the stupid sight test rmb?) and for my mom, i think she feels guilty about it coz I was born with high astigmatism. My astig is just really really high la, the doctor and optometrists at the Lasik place kept saying haha. Also, don't ask me how much it costs. Yes it is expensive but as of now, I have no concept of the money, i'm too busy worrying about my soon-to-be-cut cornea. Anws since my astig is so high, regular Lasik isn't enough to correct my cornea errors so yea I'm doing the more expensive one.. If you really wanna know how much (maybe coz u also wanna do it) then ask me. If not, just know it's below 5000 dollars. But above 2000 dollars.


Anw ok will blog more soon gotta go meet siying darl in town for dinner n shopping now~ =)

No comments: