Friday, April 13, 2007

hellooooo~~

ok ok 've got SO SO MUCH to blog abt!!

Kk let's start wit Mon. Apart from the gigantic retail therapy at night... Morn i went for my Lasik 2nd Review at Paragon Medical... And I met a kindred spirit! Anw i really got to tui1 jian4 The Lasik Surgery Clinic.. A lot of chiobus!!!! All the optometrists and receptionists and interns all so super chio =) It's enough to turn me lesbian! Hahahahaha. Anw, the best thing is they're all so super nice =) But anwww... Yea i met a kindred spirit! After scanning my cornea and leading me back to the waiting room, this lady(one of the optometrists i think) told me "I have keloids too!" Then i was like SO SUPER STUNNED!!!!

In case some of you out there dunno right.. Keloids are the things on my shoulder blades, upper arms and there's one on my chest. Yepps. Here's the Wiki definition of them:

"A keloid is a special type of scar which results in an overgrowth of tissue at the site of a healed skin injury. Keloids are firm, rubbery lesions or shiny, fibrous nodules and can vary from pink to flesh-colored or red to dark brown in color. A keloid scar is benign, noncontagious and usually accompanied by severe itchiness, sharp pains and changes in texture. In severe cases, it can affect movement of skin. For some, keloids are a cosmetic problem, although it can still be very upsetting, especially for younger patients"

Funny, i didn't know they were thought to be cancerous! haha. Anw yea tt's what my keloids are! For more info check out wiki - Keloids!

I inherited em from my poppa.. He has them all over his body. So anw yea this lady said that to me then we had a nice little discussion abt it.. She went for the injection treatment tt my parents were talking abt making me undergo, and she said it wasn't effective.. The laser treatment is also not effective. Sighs. Haha. Anw, she was saying she wished her keeloids were more like mine - mine are pinkish and smaller than hers.. Hers are red/brown and rather big! Mann. It's sad.

Anw like Wiki says, there's no known treatment that's 100% effective against keloids that have already formed for awhile so we gotta wait i guess. Apparently the steroid injections are a good idea but are painful to the extent tt people over the age of 16 need to under go general anasthesia to take the injections and that there will be pain as the anasthetic wears off. Bleahh

Right now i'm checking out the page for the Keloid Support Group. It's awesome =) I didn't know there were so many ppl who had them!! I thought my dad and I were like the only people in Singapore with Keloids. So yea!! It was really awesome to meet Gwen(the lady at the Lasik place) and now find that really I'm not alone and my keloid case isn't so bad!!! =))

So please stop staring at my keloids and thinking that i'm so horribly disfigured and fugly or anything. Yea. I have bad skin, so? You have a sucky life. Go fuck yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anw, Monday night went for tuition, met val, she passed me the chocs qisheng bought for me. WHEEEE~~ Free chocs!! Hehe. thanks qisheng!! I really love it =) Heh. YUMMMM~ Then yah i went on my MADD shopping spree..


Tuesday i didn't have tuition and I wanted to complete my interview for com 217 project so I asked val to join me and pia-ed down to NJ.. Hahas. Lots of things happened! Meeting all my fave ppl - WHITBY!! And also saw dio and other teachers.. Interviewed Mark Lo.. Which was quite funny.. Then val and I went down to her house.. I wanted to go IMM to shop mah. Then decided to go down to Bukit Panjang plaza to shop instead since she needed to go to her dad's place to pick up her jap stuff.. Then in the end they went off for dinner. Bleahh~

Wednesday! Was just a busy day with me going for all lessons and tuitions! Save for meeting wit marisa and tong at 1030am to 1230nn... Nothing much happened heh.

Thurs! YTD!! Hahahahaha LOOONG STORY. I gtg tuition le so will blog abt this later.

Anw, esprimere forum has been v happening! =)


Ok really gotta go. Blog later! Ciao ppl!

No comments: