Friday, June 22, 2007

expect LOADS of photos! HK TRIP DETAILS =)

well. not as many as i used to put up but hey. still! haha.

alright. so on the trip to hongkong i watched Music&Lyrics and utterly LOVED it. Love the various songs inside, including Way Back Into Love, Don't Write Me Off, Love Autopsy etc. Hugh Grant rocks and DREWBARRYMORE sings awesome!!! Gosh! I loved the whole satire of Madonna thing. At least, i THINK it ought to have been madonna. Some ppl on youtube said shakira. Erm ok, was shakira supposed to be strongly religious? Hmmm~ Hahaha ohwells whatever it is, i loved the satire going on - the whole 'shanty shanty" thing. DAMN HELLUVA FUNNY

Alright. Touched down and waited around for a loooong time for all the Win's ppl to assemble and then got ferried off to our hotel. OMG i tell ya. THANK GAWD WE WERE UPGRADED. Like, we were one of the last to be sent to our hotel so we got to see the other hotels first. Saw the Hollywood Hotel in Disneyland - so so.. the facade looked like it was peeling or sth. Old looking! Not very majestic etc. Then saw the Dorsett hotels... And the Holiday Inn.. Oh yah forgot to tell you all our hotel.. We were staying at the Sheraton.. Anw, I thought Holiday Inn would be good but I tell ya, their side entrance looks like shit! Gross. Haha. Anw, we arrived at the Sheraton and i heaved a sigh of relief =) I think hotels are a really important part of your vacation - a good hotel allows you to recharge well and have a good rest etc. And you don't have to dread going back to your icky hotel room every night! I tell ya, the Sheraton was luxurious! Clean rooms, ample space, fantastic furnishings (computer/study table! Gorgeous! Wall mirrors! ironing board! woohoo!), provisions etc Bedtime mints tt were replenished everyday, toiletries that were fantastic, comfy bedroom slippers. Sigh i was in hotel heaven! Haha

Anw yea we went out to Temple St the first night... edna called and we decided to keep in contact via sms and prolly go shenzhen tgt some other day instead coz her boyfriend was bringing her out the next day while my family and i were going shenzhen the next day. so anw yea walked around nathan road and temple street.. bought 2 tops for 80HKD tt's about S$16.. One said "I love nothing" and the other one was just some envelope with a heartshaped seal and wings tt said "love letter". I wanted the one tt said "love is a mental disease" but didn't have my size! Grr.

Nx day we went to shenzhen and kinda walked around. Touring/shopping with my family is a torture coz we all have different styles. My dad wants to recce everything and keep moving. My mom just wants everything to be economical/cheap blah blah. She can bargain for hours just to get something 60C cheaper. My bro irritates me the whole day. So how. what fun do u think i had? Anw, after awhile i loosened up coz my dad went to recce on his own and my mom was trying to be accomodating so I bought a gorgeous harley davidson cap for 55HKD/S$11 (clda bargained cheaper but loved it too much to wanna bargain too long haha), a pair of pumps @ 45HKD/S$9, some hair ties etc. This was all at Luo Hu shopping centre. Our family had dimsum brunch and then after shopping we had an hour of foot reflexology and 2 hours of full body massage/tui1 na2... I had a mani and pedi done too, which included waxing treatment (the mani and pedi cost $60 sing, including the $12 tips to the manicurist and pedicurist).. The massage and foot reflex was good and cheap =) Then we headed off to Dong Men to shop somemore.. Before that we went to Le Yuan to have seafood dinner. The place was disgustingly filthy, but the food was super cheap and good =) Shopped along the streets of Le Yuan for a bit, my mom picked up a really good buy - this very nice collared blouse for JUST S$4!!! Woohoo. Anw, i bought a top for S$10.. Show you guys the purchases later ok! Anw.. Irritations aside, we had a good time more or less. Dongmen shopping was really good and cheap but I was so super tired!

Next day we decided to take a ferry to HK Island and visit Stanley Market coz my momma, our dao3 you2 for the trip said it'd be a good eye-opener.. So we took a (fucking cheap) ferry-ride.. And got super amused. Oh yah! Forgot to mention. At the Shenzhen immigration, i saw so many funny signs! There was a "Police Superising Desk". I was all like, oh so the Police go there to get SUPER?? Hahahahahaha. Damn funny. In case u din know, it was supposed to be the Police SuperVising desk ok! Hahahaha. I have pics to prove it! Then anw, at the ferry station, there was a sign tt said "Beware of a moving gangplank!" WAHAHAHAHAHA I LOL-ED right there and then and went mad snapping pics of the sign! I think the hongkongers there must have thought i was retarded. Haha. Damn funny la! I was like, oh dear, should i expect a gangplank to turn up at any time and move me to tears!? WAHAHAHA. So moving!! LOLOLOLOL

Anw ok we arrived at HK Island.. And I got a freaking culture shock! It was Sunday and all the Filippina maids were like, camping on the streets? I think there were more filippinas on the street than there were hongkongers and tourists added tgt! I think there were more filippinas on those streets than there were Singaporeans in Singapore! I tell ya, I was freaking shocked. I cld hear them screaming, cackling all over the place! It was unnerving, i tell ya. Anw, we figured out how to get to Stanley's market (take 6 or 6A or 260 from the interchange) and took the express service 260 there! TELL YA!!! It was like going to Disneyland for the SpaceMountain ride, without the seatbelts!!! The driver (and I quote the angmoh tourists who were in front of me on the bus) drove like Michael Schumacher. On winding narrow mountain roads! OMG MANNN. I didn't fear for my life - i kinda enjoyed the thrill. Although I didn't appreciate banging my head thrice when I was climbing the stairs to get to the upper deck. DAMMIT! Didn't realize their hangings were so low. GRRR. Everytime we took a bus and climbed to the upper deck, i banged my head. Sigh. Musta lost some precious intelligence there.

Anw. Stanley's Market was kinda like Boat Quay.. Being abrasive ppl, we were getting on each other's nerves and had a sad lunch bought from the supermarket, sitting at the cultural performance amphitheatre there. There was an abundance of cute little free-walking doggies around - my heart was melting la! =) Anw, i loved the chi music performance - brushing up my MEP skills. Haha. I miss hearing the freakin SUONA! Ahh, Music Around The World... When will I get to study you again? Pentatonic scales, interlocking rhythms, interpunctuating layers etc. Sigh.. Frets, soundboards, sliding frets, mallets, plucks, artificial nails, strings made of horse hair.. Ok ok, enough waxing nostalgic. Enough argot. Haha. Anw, from Stanley's my parents bought some stuff, then we went to take the ferry to Hung Hom to visit the Food Plaza thingy for dinner! Only when I entered the building did I recall visiting the place a few years back lol. Wit Godma and family =) Oh btw, this was like, my 4th or 5th time in HK already, but with age comes wisdom and I was actually appreciating being overseas better heh. We found one eating outlet called Toa Payoh and it was selling Southeast Asian cuisine. FUNKY SIA haha

Anw, we had some shao1 la4 dinner, then went to walk around abit, looked at Esprit (HOT HOT HOT CLOTHES=D Lovely guys clothes!) and stuff.. OH BTW! Do you know tt their Giordanos had really reeeeaaally nice guy clothes!? *melts* Sigh. Haha. Too bad la. My boyfriend-for-the-weekend didn't really have the build for those clothes so didn't buy for him *winks*

ok i give up le haha. anw, show you all pics first. tell you all more later. gotta go watch ghost whisperer season 2 premiere wit my mom soon! =)



rah and i @ break! =)



On the metro on the way to DongMen!



Arrived at Dongmen! =) Not Lost, just really happy! Hahahah



They knew we were tourists for sure coz we just couldn't stop cam-whoring lol. Apart from when we were shopping, of course.



hee. I look so happy =) Edna took these while I wasn't aware and the stupid wind was BLOOWWING!! Haha



We got some DELISH streetside snacks =) YUMM. Edna couldn't get enough of her squid thing and ordered more. I had the porkchop thing. It was good! (i dun like squid full stop)



After a really long day of shopping, we were making our way back to Luo Hu for some last bits of shopping =)



Still Camwhoring



Camwhoring shots on both the Metro and the KCR - the latter of which we took to get back to Tsim Sha Tsui(TST) in Hong Kong. Heh.



Alright more pics later!!! Gotta go watch tv now. More stories later too! Esp about the Passport and erm.. Crap forgot the other one! ARGH. Practicing CANTO! Haha. Alright later ok!

No comments: