Wednesday, October 24, 2007

hmmmmm...

today my horoscope said this:

Friendster Horoscope for October 24, 2007


Scorpio (Oct 23 - Nov 21)[?]

Scorpio

The Bottom Line

The warmth you feel from friends will keep you in a very jovial mood today.

In Detail

If a blur of social obligations is working on your last nerve, get some alone time today. Treat yourself to a quiet dinner out, or rent your favorite movie and just chill. It's not selfish to want to be by yourself ... it's healthy. Social hound friends may not understand this inward phase you're going through, but they will accept it. Be honest with your needs (like you always are), and as long as you keep your people in the loop, they'll be cool with your conduct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's what I did today (and part of yesterday).. I had some me-time.. I watched a lot of tv after doing some sch work.. Basically watched Heroes SIIEP5, Numbers, Everybody Loves Raymond, Ellen, Oprah (well, mainly ellen but just the corinne bailey rae part of oprah) and Amazing Race the ALL STARS edition.. Ytd i went for cca in sch after tuition... Been feeling a bit unwell lately.. Needa detox and eat healthy!


I'm gonna watch CSI Miami and CSI later.. Heh. Thank God for cable.. I'll be pia-ing my reading summaries at the same time though! =)


TV is therapeutic I suppose =) I cried a bit when watching Oprah.. It was just so moving to see Corinne Bailey Rae's mom being so proud of her... And I was just thinking, my own mother would never ever be so proud of me. Sigh. Ohwells. Let's not talk abt tt.



Eh, i forgot what i wanted to blog abt.. Hmm.. Well, just now I received a call from the 88.3JIA FM people... Actually tt day during the guitar performance thing the 88.3FM ppl were in school and a bunch of us tried out (very spontaneously) for some competition thing. I didn't really have any clue what it was about but it was interesting so i just tried lor... then today got called lol.

maybe my true calling is hosting/deejaying/emcee-ing. wahaha. So anyways, Darryl and I will be representing SIM in the Campus Reporter competition.. Do support us by voting =) Once voting (for us) is open i'll post the details up here =) There's online voting, website voting and one more i can't rmb for more details and to check out our current competitors, do check out http://www.funkygrad.com/campusreporter ! Oh and do tune in to 88.3FM on Wednesday 21st November at 10pm =) Darryl and I will be coming to you LIVE from the 88.3FM studio wahaha. Exciting sia.

Well I was reading a really interesting article and here's a part of it:

I've witnessed many people adopting singlehood for a myriad of reasons. I certainly would not put it down to a lack of opportunity because friends can be made and networks can be created anytime, anywhere. Neither would I think an age gap of 6-8 years is a deterring factor for many people.

The greatest challenge of converting an acquaintance to a life-long partner lies in the journey to become part of his or her life. Every individual would have been part of a circle of friends and comfortably leading life in his/her comfort zone. It does not only take desire, but genuine action and effort to gain the trust and acceptance that you can be part of his or life. It is about touching the heart of the person you love; it is about creating emotional dependence between 2 individuals; it is about shifting mental models; it is about taking somebody out of his or her comfort zone of existing friendships to lead a new life with you; it is about making him or her feel comfortable communicating with you; it is about giving hope to each other.

It is not about opportunities or the lack of them. Neither is it about age gaps.

Interesting eh? I can really see the truth in it, especially the parts i bolded. Heh.. Yea well.. Food for thought. Think abt it!

I'm on the phone wit tong now and i'm about to go watch CSI later so yea.. Ciao ppl..! (oh yah remind me, i wanna blog abt Heroes!)

No comments: