Monday, October 15, 2007

oh brother!

okok

i have so bloody much to blog about and so much to do after this that i might as well start blogging now first.

First up, I wanna plug this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTGrzte9ZjQ and this webby www.repeal377a.com

I can't call myself a supporter of gay rights and all, because religiously I am not supposed to.. But that doesn't mean I can't ask you guys to sign the petition if you feel strongly about it. This is the littlest thing I can do because I can't put my name there I'm sorry. While i feel that gay people are no different from any of us (apart from y'know, sexual orientation) and they definitely do make great friends (trust me, I have quite a few gay friends and I really love em all) I'm not going to sign this petition just like I wouldn't sign a petition to make soliciting of prostitution legal. It's mainly coz of the sexual overtones of this petition la, not that I have anything against gay people.

So I hereby call out to all who feel strongly about this cause to submit your petitions before the deadline(19 Oct)! And my apologies to the friend(s) who sent me the link..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll do an event blog now! The last I event blogged was till the day before the mini MAF celeb at tong's place! So let's blog abt tt!

LOL. Well, a dismal no of ppl turned up coz of a lot of last min pangsehs.. So anw, tt morn i overslept and missed church. Mr. WJL lagi best, reached home at 9am? Yah then Sam msged me to say she'll be picking me up at what time what time then blah blah blah.. So ok i washed up, changed and all.. Then at 12nn (we were supposed to meet at 1230) JL called to say he'd JUST woken up. Smart right? So anw Sam and I decided to go pick him from W'lands first.. Then siyingzi and tai an had to wait at ten mile junction there.. And we were supposed to pick up Joanna (a junior =)) from the bus stop outside my church.. Yea.. Ok damn funny la we picked up JL, then we picked up xyz.. Then we picked up Joanna.. Tai An left on his own before we arrived.. So anw.. Damn funny sia we got HORRIBLY LOST! LOL! Ok actually we weren't lost but we just missed the Jalan Labu Ayer turning, then had to search for U-turn.. WHICH DID NOT COME AROUND UNTIL LIKE 94858739475 bloody km away! LOL! Damn funny! We ended up around Bishan area before we could U-turn back.. Then at Serangoon Ave sth we STILL HAD TO U-TURN ONE MORE TIME!! Wahahahaha

I am a terror to all my driver friends actually.. I'm sorry! Lol. I admit it was all my fault. Pointed out the JLA turning too late. Sorry sam! Wasted your petrol =(

Alright anw, the day was filled with lots of MJness, K-ing, mini celebrating of Sam's bday, torturous and very karma-fied Indian Poker, Uno Slam and movie watching etc! Heh. It was quite a fun day in all la =) I enjoyed myself. XYZ's Colin came down to join us in the evening and when he&xyz, me, jl and tong played mj right.. DAMN STRESSFUL!!!! Coz we're the slightly more pro players of the lot already, then playing tt time is really just yah, speedy and all! Waahahahah but I hu-ed so many times tt they kept trying to help each other hu just so that I wouldn't lian2 zhuang1 anymore. LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright I'm taking out my organizer to see what happened on Mon... Let's see.. OOOH.. Mon was Children's Day! Ok it was an okok day for me.. We had SOC midterms then lesson then I went for tuition.. Then I met Bina and we went to Video Ezy where I signed up for membership (a lotta discounts n whatnot coz it's my bday month! =D) so I rented 2 dvds - The Wicker Man and Open Season =) Went home and watched Open Season! Not bad but not as good as I'd hoped. Then was super excited to watch the Wicker Man coz it sounded and looked good and i hadn't watched horror in ages so called val up and arranged a movie date! Yay! Wahaha. Yeps..

Tuesday... nothing much.. Made it for COM337 in the morn.. COM317 in the aftnn... I can't rmb what I did between lesson over and CCA but anw we had CCA meeting at 5pm then lesson lor.. Then dinner as usual... Really can't rmb what it was abt le.. Lol..

Wednesday.. Skipped soc.. went for ESL and er.. Can't rmb!! According to my organizer I skipped tuition! But i can't rmb for what!? Argh. Nvm.

Thursday.. Went for COM337 in the morn.. COM317 after tt.. Then COM231 after tt.. Then tuition at 8pm! =)

Friday... Went for NTR in the morn.. Then ESL.. Then went for Guitar Club briefing thingy at 3pm with singing ppl =) Met ashton to talk abt some stuff (will mention nx time).. And cancelled tuition =(

Saturday!!!! I met Yvonne at her house and collected my gorgeous dress =) Talked work a bit then I went to give tuition at 11am... Yea bloody early right? I noticed that this particular week I actually got up quite early consecutively *pats self* haha. Anw yea then after tuition i met val at Lot 1.. We bought snacks and all then went to my house to watch The Wicker Man starring Nicholas Cage! TELL YA! That show SUCKS. Seriously. It's just about this pagan female worshipping clan/tribe/thing on an island and yea the ending really sucks. It's a very intriguing premise but a lot of useless red-herrings were tossed in to make everything more interesting than it really is, which proved really irritating in the end. Being Lit students, val and I were so caught up in the extensive symbolism that was employed but never explained. It seemed so irrelevant in the end! The worst thing was, the cover of the dvd boasted a "shocking alternate ending!" which Val and I were speculating about before the show began.. We were just kidding around, saying tt maybe the shocking alternate ending was going to be that it was all a dream lol, which is really typical.. But NO! There was NO shocking alternate ending! There wasn't even a shocking OR alternate ending!! Sian la. What a waste man. We were so fed up we decided to listen to the director's commentary to see what they cld reveal but all we heard were a few insights but nothing tt could explain all the loose ends.. Sian. Don't watch ok. Not worth it. Very predictable cliched ending.

After the show Val and I went to return the dvds then went to IMM for dinner at Cafe Cartel... And can anybody say BREAD!?!? Lol but too many ppl la.. Marred an otherwise lovely experience. Haha. One of our(val&i) fave things to do is just sit and eat and chat. Lol. So we chatted and hung around leisurely then I walked her to her house then I cabbed home! =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday was the promotion rally for tong's Battle Of the Voices competition! It was held at Bugis Street Memoirs, which is a really street but slightly out-of-the-way place in Queen Street. Went down to meet tong and the rest of the ppl who were invited at Bugis MRT then went to the cafe.. To cut a looooong story short (it was a really really really really long day coz of all the other contestants etc.. Tai An and Tong's performance was the last one of the day) basically we had fun listening to all the ppl, then tong and tai an and all their drama.. Then I got to go onstage and sing 2 songs wit tong.. etc.. Hahas. It was fun la. Hope the juniors had a good experience =) Ate a LOT! But the food there is good =)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday came along... Met a member in the morn to explain some stuffs.. Then went for SOC.. Ran into william at the library so went for lesson tgt... Handed up soc paper.. then went for 231.. And for some reason i cancelled tuition again =( Sian! oh wait no no. T1 cancelled tuition wit me. Lol. So I was home pretty early =)

Tuesday.. Made it for morning lect (337)... then went for 317 for a buncha presentations by classmates... Then had cca meeting at 530pm and lesson at 630pm.. We did Guitar Pop! Oh ok then I think i rmb what we did the Tuesday before this le... We did Folk Song.. Home on the Range.. Lol. That lesson was quite funny la hehe. Alright.. After CCA we went to eat! Yups.

Ok Wed... I skipped school entirely.. Oh but met jl in sch help him practice for the 97.2 singing competition.. Was half debating whether I should go join not.. Coz the song i was quite prepared le mah.. But in the end nv.. Haha tuition comes first! Yups. I went home for dinner then went out again for tuition! Yupyup..

Thurs! 337 Midterms in the morn! I was darned late! 10mins late! Lol.. Ok then aftnn was 317 presentation! Had to wear suit! Sian! lol. After my presentation I went down to stage to do guitar prac! and skipped 231 =( Then at 6pm we had the Singing Basic Lesson.. Which I felt was good coz towards the end some of the members stayed back and they had more specific attention paid to them. After the lesson and the slacking around, went for dinner then went home!

Fri! (lol i'm like racing through everything like tt) I'm dropping NTR so skipped the lect.. Went for ESL where we had midterms (wrote paper on Prostitution - problemsolution essay) and grr! Had to write a shoddy conclusion due to lack of time, dammit! then I went to meet tong at Bugis Street Memoirs and chatted for awhile.. Then helped her shop for clothes for her photoshoot.. Then went fareast cut hair and yeps bina's bday celeb (which has been blogged abt in the entry below)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday! Very funny thing in the morn. Tong and I stupidly assumed all week that auditions were on that particular Saturday so yah, happily assumed la. Then I dilly dallied at home so was late, then worse, coz jl and I were supposed to audition at 1130am so i msged and called him but no response so i was like DIE! Still sleeping! So on my way to the bus stop b ehind my house right (it was like, 1110am like tt) I was like, should i cab should i cab? Then decided to call them and say i'll be late instead. So i called one of the girls in charge right, this is how our convo went:

Me: Hello?
Girl: Er hello?
Me: Hi is this Melinda?
Girl: Er yes who is this?
Me: Hi melinda! I'm Cherlynn! I'm supposed to audition for the Virtuoso competition but I'll be late!
Melinda: Oh i see.. So around what time will u reach..?
Me: Err *looks frantically at watch* I think hopefully by 1145am la.. But the other person i think he's still sleeping so maybe around 12 like that!
Melinda: *pause* oh so around 1145 or 12?
Me: yes yes! Sorry will it delay you all or something?
Melinda: Oh no no.. Er.. You know that the audition is not today right?
Me: *stunned pause* WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Melinda: Yah it's next week
Me: !!?(*&#$*!) OH! OHMYGAW OHMYGAW OHMYGAW! My whole group of friends thought it was today!
Melinda: -doesn't say anything. i think she didn't know what to say-
Me: OH NO OH NO *rambles on along the lines of shit shit we thought it was today oh shit oh crap etc*
Me: *regains ability to speak coherently* Oh sorry sorry then it's alright I'll call up my friends and tell them! Sorry sorry!
Melinda: (i totally don't remember what she said)
Me: BYE! *proceeds to call tong*

Tong: Hello?
Me: LIM SI TONG!!!!!
Tong: what what?
Me: OMGOMGOMG!!! I feel so stupid!!!!
Tong: what what?
Me: Do you know virtuoso auditions is not today!?!?!?!?!??!? ARGH!!!!
Tong: oh shit

Haha. "Oh Shit" just about sums it up. Lol. So anyways was totally free then, so I went down to Toa Payoh to meet tong and tai an at Toa Payoh MRT's Ya Kun... Then we went down for their extra(additional) promotion rally! Was a much more low-key affair as compared to the previous Sunday's one.. We didn't really ask many ppl down and not as many contestants were there anyways.. It was a pretty chillax time but I regretted not bringing my work to study. Sian. Slacked the whole day away there =( Sang 3 songs.. One solo two wit tong =) Funnnn~

Sunday! YTD! Haha. Ok the day before Sunday, the organizer invited me to help host the Semi Finals for the Evergreen Category the next day. It was SUCH a good chance la! Of course I agreed, so i cancelled my tuition and went down. Then when I went down right, I was just told to liase with the other host and sadly, we both didn't have much of an inkling of what to do so it was all very impromptu. We were given pretty much the barest instructions (like, speak mainly in Mandarin and plug the sponsors and remind the audience about voting and take turns to go up etc) It was a pretty stressful but eye-opening experience. I'm very very glad to have had the chance! We ended up hosting the semi-finals for both the Executive and the Evergreen categories which were both held ytd.. Yup.. Very very very fun=) Tested my brain and my ability to think on my feet, not to mention my chinese speaking skills! Wahaha. Now that I come to think of it... Singing is, to a large extent, much easier than emcee-ing.. At least, for this kinda events.. Hosting other events that don't require you to engage the audience is definitely much easier - i.e. concerts, plays, awards ceremonies etc... This one was very very scary not only because it was a competition where we had to make everything interesting, talk with the contestants and handle last min situations, the stress level was compounded by the fact that there were quite a few industry experts seated right in front, so i had to be extra careful with what I said and all!

Thankfully, the organizer said I did well during the debrief after the event, so it was like a huge sigh of relief for me. I think I've really learnt quite a bit from this experience so I have a lot of thanks in place:

1) William, the organizer, who gave me the chance to host such an important event
2) Tong, for introducing me to the event, which indirectly gave me the chance to try my hand at hosting =)
3) All the audience who were kind enough to bear with me =)

So, seeing as I'm like, one of the hosts for the event, it is only right that I plug the competition a bit. Heh. The Battle of the Voices competition is really an event of quite a large scale. Boasting sponsors such as Kbox and CDRAMA, and organizers like M5 Royal Artiste and Punggol CC, it is one of the biggest singing competitions in Singapore. To find out more about the competition and its contestants and competition format, do visit the website at www.battleofthevoices.com! Heh.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okok! Today! (woah it's now 1217am of Tuesday la! Grr I've been blogging for over an hour! Sian! Now you see why I don't like to blog v much) Went to sch.. Sat outside the lt during soc.. Pei2 sitong.. Yea.. Then haha quite funny.. A lotta ppl didn't recognize me coz of the change in hairstyle - i.e. Yarndink, Kok, Elves, Evy etc.. Hehe. But the general reception was good (i mean about my hair!) hehe. YAY! I must really thank YOYO. Hehs. I'll be going back there to rebond my hair soon. And don't worry sy! Rebonding it to make it straight only. Haha. So that my bangs are not so messy! =)

Problem with this haircut though, is that I will have to put makeup everyday. Sian. Coz it draws attention to my eyes and without makeup my eyes look v dead.. and my EYEBAGS!!! Killer sia. So yea. Makeup makeup. My skin is dying.. I haven't gone for facial in AGES!

After soc was over we had a 317 meeting.. Then went for 231 for abit then left for another Guitar prac session.. Again, with the hair.. Lol. Yea then went back to 231.. Then went for tuition... And that was it! Heh.


After such a looooooooooooooong entry, some of you might be wondering, "then what's with the title of your entry"? Coz some of you more astute readers may realize tt my blog title always(ok fine not always but sometimes) has something to do with something I wanna say! Heh. Yea! I'm v happy! Those of you who know abt my family stuff will know why i'm happy when i tell you what's happened! Today my bro knocked on my door nicely (i thought it was my dad so I went "wait awhile.." coz I was applying rash cream(ps, DAMNED humoc. i have humoc on my feet) so cldn't open the door) Then when I opened the door i was quite surprised so I just looked shocked. Then my bro was like "Do you have the speakers?" in a like, not-hostile tone! I was like, stunned so I just pointed at my table and said "the computer one is it?" then he walked in and looked where I pointed then reached for them, then asked me if the speakers were spoilt, then I was like yah.. Then he was like "both arh?" then I was like no no, one only. Then he just took them and left!

I mean, it was a NICE encounter! It was an OK encounter!!!! Do you know how psyched i am!? I'm deliriously happy la! =) Yay!

Heh. Alright alright. Long long event blog.. I must go and pia my reading summaries now. Ciao y'all =)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

把心事推到一边去。。。 把它给忘了。。 把他给忘了。。。

No comments: