Thursday, October 26, 2006

my fortune

ok ok.. i can't get to sleep!! it isn't the whole "sleeping in a foreign place" thing.. i'm one of those "can sleep anywhere" kinda people ya.. heh. i think it must be the 2 nescafes i downed just now.

so i was lying on the bed and thinking abt stuff and I realised tt i really need to pay a tribute to my favourite people in the world and tell ya why they're my favourite ppl in the world.


I'm sure many of you don't know this, but I'm a person who cares pretty much about how others see me and well, to put it simply, i think a lot. However, pertaining to the title of this entry, I've found treasure in the various friends I have, who love me come what may. For them, I am grateful. For them, I thank God. And to them, I pay this tribute.


JAC N VAL
jac when u read this, i must apologise profusely for wakin ya up or disturbin ya sleep yea. *turns ard to look* go back to sleep!!!

aaanyways.. i really love you two lots. I dunno if i've told u 2 this but when I'm out with you guys, I feel like I can do anything and you wouldn't judge me. When i'm with you guys, I can do whatever I want to, embarass myself however I wish, fall down as many flights of stairs as I so desire. I know you guys will always be there for me. You wouldn't think less of me if I turned hideous, or if I put on 50kg. I can be a pig and do ugly things in front of u guys and it wouldn't matter. I'm truly at home around you guys and it's the best feeling inthe world.

You two taught me to love myself, to see the good in myself. It's something that none of my friends have ever done for me. Up until I met you guys I've been insulted left right and center by my friends then, with nowhere to derive support or self-love. You guys taught me to not care what other people think of me, that I am all that matters. Or at least, people that matter to me are all that matter.

With you guys, I'm human. With you guys, I am truly myself and I can look hideous and fat and bloated and I'm still me. For the record, Jac never ever EVER comments on my clothes/makeup and even if it's ugly or OTT it never ever bothers her. Val does but hey it doesn't matter to her. We'll just laugh at each other's ugliness and go on with our day. I don't get fuck like "You're so fat" or "Why is your makeup so thick?" from them EVER. Even when we tease each other it's all good-natured. Jac happily whacks my fat-ass belly and val laughs at my ridiculous choice of clothes but at least it's all in the open.

I love you guys so much, for teaching me to love myself. You guys are my greatest assets and I know I don't show it much, but I really love you guys a lot. ~with love

love also to sher, shumin, linz!! and the bball girls.


Sitong
Now, don't ask why some people are mentioned on their own and some others are grouped.. I just happen to classify you guys under the "clique" i know you by. From the MESC clique, sitong really rocks my world. My once-best-friend (we were best friends for 8 years), Sitong is also someone who's always been there for me. We had our tumultuous times and quarrels and all, but in recent times, I've learnt how good a friend she has been to me. Frighteningly loyal and understanding, Sitong knows me so well it's hard to imagine how. We may not have the same interests and all now, but we have a bond that runs so deep, you can't see the bottom.

Tong doesn't care what other people say about me. In fact, she fights against them for me. If they're talking bad abt me, that is. Though she may be pretty tactless at times, Tong also loves me for who I am. And I love her much too. ~with love

love also goes out to Mich and Eu of the MESC bunch. I love you guys much too!


Shui
Shui(shu hui) and I are always astounded at how close we've become. We got to know each other through Higher Chinese tuition in Sec 3 and have since become bosom buddies. I love shui because, like the others, she doesn't judge me. She sees me for who I am and loves me for being myself. For that, and for being the lovely babe she is, I love her muchos.

Shui is a very giving girl. Generous, kind and unselfish. We don't meet up often enough and I miss my babe shui much. I love you shui=) ~with love

love also to wenz, irene, kor and di


C.A.M.E
My newest bunch of friends, the CAME bunch (Cherlynn[tt's me], Ann[my uni BESTIE], Maddy and Eveey) are a precious group of people to me. We've already seen the darkness of human nature manifest in school and thank God for them, because with their support, I can see past the darkness and appreciate the twinkle of the minutely shining stars. Ann, Mad and Eve are my STARS in UB for their love, support and concern. We truly love each other a lot and I'm so so so glad for you guys in school. I guess we're pretty cliquey in school, but we're definitely the closest bunch there is, imho. Apparently, we're the only "clique" with no internal conflict, clean record. I've never met a bunch of more understanding and accomodating souls. I love you guys very very very much darlings. Let's toast to a great 3 years ahead!! =))

love also to darlings in UB like priya, yanting, yiting, vita, alvin, rachael, anita and ngee ann.



Siying and Edna

You two are lumped together because you both fall into the 2/5 or 4GY category. Sec school mates we are and you two are the ones who have put in the most effort to keep in touch with me (i think). I really appreciate it when you guys msg to ask for a meal or a meetup and stuff like tt. SY and I were table partners for 2 whole years and I really miss the times we spent together last time. Rip-roaringly hilarious times. I miss u much, sy!

Edna, I really appreciate all the support you've given me, all the effort you've put in maintaining contact with me, and I really enjoy everytime we meet up and chat like crazy. Be it remniscence or just plain bitchin, it's always great to talk wit ya. Surprising how we weren't even that close in Sec school in the first place ya. Heh I love you two so much! ~with love

much love to other scgirls like reenanana, annequek, weechiew, jenndajie, shierjie, huitze(geylangstar), kaiweimomma, and basically, all of 3/4GY



and last but not least

Arh Ben
You don't need to know how much arh ben rocks my world. Thanks for all the support, advice, love and everything! You're definitely my most supportive friend ever ben and it rocks to know that you're behind me in every single thing I do. Thanks for thinking the world of me and my goodness I miss our YJ times.

Keep rockin' wolf. Love ya lots=) ~with love

other YJ darlings include favian, tiff, angel and john. <3!



Now, just because this is the end of the tribute doesn't mean the people who have not been mentioned are not loved. It's late and your name may have slipped my mind. However, do know that I love you guys all so so so much. Thanks for being there for me, thanks for the love. I hope you guys know how important you are to me, alrighty =)



You are my fortune, the treasure above all.



K it's late. Perhaps I'll be able to get to sleep now =))

No comments: