Monday, September 10, 2007

i love my job =)

it is all subjective, but my colleague BINANANA and I both agree wholeheartedly that we've landed the best job a girl could ask for.

We're paid a certain basic sum a month to go... wait get this - we're PAID to go SHOPPING for our boss, on HER MONEY. ON OUR BOSS'S MONEY. And the stuff we get is to be resold, and we get a commission from the stuff that's sold! Ok, so we actually do more than that if you consider all the technicalities, but like seriously, I've got the DREAM JOB. Haha.

I won't reveal all the monetary stuff, but our shopping allowance is HUGE. *faints and dies*

Anyways. The Student Week has started in SIM and there's the bazaar again.. Then after tt went to "work" wit BINA and bought even more stuff.. Here's just a listing of what i bought:

1) Necklace - $8
2) Alarm Clock - $5
3) Handphone Pouch - $5
4) 8 sets of stickers - $6 (got 2 free)
5) Charles&Keith Sandals - $23.90
6) A "wear-at-home" bra - $8
7) A shirt dress - $XX
8) A pair of shorts - $XX

Ok all the XX stuff i gotta keep secret k haha. Anw, i had starbucks today, and LJS, so am feeling suitably happy =) I'm not sure if there was other stuff I bought la but anyways, it was fantastic. haha.

Lots of work to do. Am stressing. Student week, Competition, Presentations, Work, Tuition etc. SUCKS! But will definitely drop another tuition in the near future to concentrate more on sch stuff and my DREAM JOB. Haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I was in a pretty foul mood. Tong came over and we practised our song.. But I was still in a foul mood after that nevertheless. Dunno why also.. Funnily enough, during Communion at mass when I prayed, I asked God to just take care of everything. Though I ALWAYS ALWAYS pray that He does that right, this time I think I was just like, give up, let God take everything. I didn't want to care about anything anymore. And the fantastic thing was that, once I'd finished my prayer and sat back to sing the Thanksgiving hymn, I felt utterly peaceful and happy! It was super unbelievable. I didn't realize it at first until I found myself humming and almost skipping all the way down to the bus stop after running into Mrs. Tay Eng Leng (from SC PRI) at my church. We chatted for awhile, then I went down to the bus stop there to wait for my parents to pick me up. All the way down I was humming the final Hymn and just feeling really peaceful.

In the car, I watched the beautiful scenery zoom by, and it was really really gorgeous. It was as if God wanted to reward me for my renewed faith in Him... It was His special show for me - I particularly enjoyed how the setting sun's rays dusted the treetops. It was simply beautiful. The leaves turned golden, copper and bronze as the car sped past. Even when we were passing a not-yet-completed overhead bridge and my mom was busy complaining about how they were taking forever to build the bridge, I marveled at the serene, unmoving clouds in the clear dusk sky. It was breathtaking, and I must say, it was God.

I haven't enjoyed His presence in so long. I felt His assurance that i was still loved by Him, that no matter what I did wrong, it would be forgiven. My heart was filled with so much joy and yet so much calmness.

I love you, God =)

No comments: