Saturday, September 01, 2007

it's teachers' day =)

hey hey =)

i'm trying to blog more often. Give me some credit ok! Hahaa. Okay-yee? Hahahaha. So as the title so rightly puts it, today is Teachers' Day!!! =) Well, today being the first of september, of course. I wanted to go down to the school i taught at wit sam(lee) to visit visit but in the end nv.. Haha. Anyways, only had one tuition today(thursday 310807) and the kid gave me a nice flower with a red pen =) So sweet. And I didn't even realize it was Tchers' Day till then la! I saw some middle-aged lady with a single rose and i was all like, wtf... How come she got flower one. Hahaha. Now on hindsight she must be a teacher la! I'm retarded... Anw yea, S gave me the gift.. Haha. Erm, now I know why one of my teachers once complained that I gave her a red pen... When S gave me the gift today I was like, er... I have tonnes of those. Hahahahhaa. Yea! Then anw, before tt right, quite randomly, some months ago, S gave me this 2 shards of glass... I was like, "Er, right. You're giving me glass. What's the occasion?" Then she was like "For you!" Then I was like, "For what?" Then she said, "Coz you're a good teacher"

WAH SWEET SWEET MELT MELT. Hahahahaha.

Alright just a quick eventblog. This wk was first wk of fall sem... I missed like, dunno how many lects.. 4 out of 5 days of the week i gotta be down at 9am know?!?!?! like OMFG LA. Sick sick sick. You guys so know i'm so gonna get screwed over. Urgh. Thank goodness I have a good alarm clock - VALVALVAL!!!! hahahaha thanks babe! Dunno how to say properly but really appreciate it k =)

Aaaanyways.. School's been ok.. LOTS OF WORK. Freak. Really overload. Then CCA stuff.. Marisa is gone so my workload is now twofold. As in, she's overseas. Urgh. haha. Ohwells. Okok let's see what did I do this wk? Monday went to support Tong for BAS semi-finals.. Tues had CCA... Wanted to go down support Jinglun too la... But CCA called... And after CCA on Tues, some of the members went out for dinner. A lot less ppl joined us for dinner than usual.. Coz RMIT having exams I think.. Haha. Here are some stupid videos taken by our dear instructor Estella... Thanks arh. You've totally ruined my image. (PS Why are there so many hideous videos of me around. First was the stupid animal planet one. Note to self, always avoid cameras when you're eating)

Esprimere@Al Zahar Part 1



Esprimere@Al Zahar Part 2




Then ok... On Wed... Announcing of BAS results (btw I'm only event-blogging abt night activities.. Daytime activities everyday include lessons, tuition and er, hanging wit my darling CAME =)) I listened to the results over the phone and didn't go support. Coz my mom scolded me like *(&#$ for going home late for several nights in a row. I think i mentioned it already right. Yea. Then anw, Tong & Jinglun both made it to Wildcard round... Was another shot at the finals... In fact, it was their last shot at the finals le so.. Yup! So Thursday, after my tuition I went down to support them. Met Sam(lee) at the KAP bus stop then we went down! Haha.

Sam parked the car too tightly and I had to climb over to the backseat to exit la! Coz my humps were too bloody big. Siannnn! Haha. Anw then we kept talking abt "backseat action" Mwahahahaha damn funny. Oh and Sam bought Tong this sunflower!! Then during tong's song we asked LTA to give it to her! hahaha Funny sia! Anw yea! The atmosphere at the wildcard round was much less tense than that of the semi final rounds.. Haha. Anyways, here are the videos =)


BAS Semi Final(Mon) - Sitong - Qi Shi Hen/Hai Ai Ni


I cheer very loud hor? I tell you.. All her supporters all I hype up one. I threatened to slaughter them if they didn't cheer. Then i kept cue-ing them! Hahaha. I make a damn good cheerleader can.. Minus the hot bod. Hahaha. Scream until my head voice my chest voice.. LOLOLOL j/k! Haha


BAS Semi Final(Tues) - Jinglun - Chen Mo Wan Ju (Silent Toy)



See? I wasn't there to support, so significantly less cheering. HAHAHAHAHA


Wildcard - Sitong - Shen Hu Xi



Haha. Cool right the flower part? And sitong brought light sticks for us to wave! It was a very very pretty sight though it wasn't reflected in the video. Haha and I think i was pms-ing or something but I almost cried twice during her performance and the comments that part leh! Esp when the judge said she hen2 nu3 li4.. I had to control my tears leh! Omg. I'm getting too emotional le shit. PMS PMS! Hahaha.


Wildcard - Jinglun - Shu Le Ni Ying Le Shi Jie You Ru He


Hahahaha we were also waving light sticks for him, then i think he was like very happy or what, kept smiling all of a sudden! Later the judge say him tt time, me & tong were like, shit, we hai4 him by waving & distracting him la! He knn still wave at us somemore! lol! But jaylim say want to cut him record sia! Hahaha good huh!


Wildcard - Jenny - How Do I Live



Hmm.. Jenny is a contestant who's really sincere and really likeable =) The first time we saw her perform it was a bit of a shock coz we weren't expecting such energy from her (she performed Believe by Cher, complete with her own echoes and dance routine) but after seeing her each round, we gained a lot of respect and admiration for her =D Though 2 people sang How Do I Live on Tong's semifinal night (Mon) - one of them being Jenny - they both didn't interpret the song well. This time, however, was a big improvement =) It was great to see and hear la =)


This competition arh! Waste a lot of my money and my time leh! As in, especially the go down and support part haha. Must buy the tix etc! And hor!?!?!? Tong semi finals tt night I bought 1 tic to watch. Then Wed I nv go support but bought 2 tix! One to vote for her one vote for Jinglun! Then Wildcard also same thing! 2 tix one for her one for JL! KNN~ Altgt from semifinals onwards hor, I spent like $50 bucks like tt?!? Lucky I didn't have to cab home all the time la - thanks to my darlingest darlingest Sam =) Then dinner after the competition etc. Wah kao! AND HOR! Wah wildcard tt night and semis tt night SUPER HIONG! Hold camera and wave light stick NON STOP SIA. You know my arms weak right? Wah kao, now I think my arm muscles are super qiang2 le lor. Hahaha. I took all the vids below except for the JL ones. The JL Wilcard one i took the first half then Sam took over. Haha can see right? Shivering le. THEN HOR! I scream until sore throat know! And the ppl in front all hate me. Haha. If you see the Wildcard JL vid, towards the end before the judges talk right, we scream scream scream then after tt you can hear "sorry sorry" not? I HAD TO GO APOLOGISE TO THOSE PPL IN FRONT LA! They siam-ed us like mad when we were screaming leh! Hhahaha. Aiyah funny la. But anw, you all better appreciate my yi4 fan1 hao3 yi4!! Haha


Even though I kenna kicked out quite early on (quarters! =)) during this competition, I feel i've gained a lot of experience =D Being the first solo singing competition I've taken part in, I feel that I've already gone very far =D I'm truly truly happy for the experience, all the new friends i've gained, and all that I've learnt.


That said, I wanna tell all the other contestants, especially Tong & Jinglun, that I'm really really so super proud of you all for coming this far!! Wildcard leh! Means you all are like, Top 50 out of the initial 400+ contestants! It's really really good le! =) We can only get better with all this experience and really really, I'm very very proud of what we've all done =) Especially for all the wildcard ppl - it was the most taxing on you all le (ahem, and your supporters lor) Only one thing left to say - JIAYOU! =)



Alright! Ok then Thurs before their Wildcard right, was our Duet Superstars audition la (yea we got a lotta competitions hor.. hahahaha) Thankfully we got in. The results were released to the semi finalists today.. Then I left my hp at home today so I was basically a nervous wreck the whole day! Then tong and I were stressing - very worried tt we didn't get in know, coz I dunno why but I keep having this feeling we did really badly for auditions - we sang Yi Yan Wan Nian (one verse one chorus) but anw.. Thank goodness la.. Got the email when I arrived home. Haha.

Anyways right, for the juniors who took part this time and didn't get shortlisted, don't worry about it. See it all as an experience. There's always Talentime at end of year! =) And seriously, you''ve all only been with the club for about a month right, the improvement can't show yet. After awhile more, you'll find yourself more able to project yourself and your voice, as well as present yourself very well onstage =) Keep hanging in there! You guys will get there!


Speaking of competitions.. We're taking part in the SMU Virtuoso Competition =) Fun fun fun! Tong n I joining Group Category. Then if they allow it, we'll both individually join Solo category too =) Hee! A bit scared about this one coz the Polys and the Unis will all be taking part! Not just SIM so it will be scary.. Competition will be tough! Haha. Hopefully we make it through =) The top prize is TEMPTING! Cut single leh!!!! WOOHOO. Haha just talking abt it gets me excited. I'm a certified competition Junkie le! Lol. Coz I've finally understood what to do for competitions. Now excited to try it out! Must get over my stage fright!! Haha.



Just to end off. My mom said this today - "Your dad says to bring your boyfriend home for dinner."



-SHOCK-



*looks around* What boyfriend???? Grrr~



btw! was happily talking tt day =) it's all so messy but still so right, y'know? I'm so screwed. Hahaha

No comments: