Sunday, September 30, 2007

when it's over..

hahas. arh ben found all 20!! good on you ben!! lol

yea i posted random "happy bday arh ben"s all over the place! The final greeting I was actually on the phone with him from 2355hrs onwards, helping him find the last few right... Then we were like "17 le... 3 more 3 more!" Then he's all like "where where!" then I'm like "you forgot a very important place..." then he went "YOUR BLOG!" then yah hahaha he found the 2 here right, like AT LAST. Then when he was like "OH your TAGBOARD!" then I was like YES YES That's number 19!! Yayy! Then i was like and for no 20, "HAPPY BDAY ARH BEN!!!" hahaha. so yea. quite stupid but y'know.. Haha

Alright.. Today was an ok ok day.. Hate having my period but what the heck.. Hehe

Family stuff today... Shall not talk too much abt it.. But anw, we went to Geylang for Frog Porridge dinner (yummmness!) and tell ya, my parents seriously LOVE people-watching at geylang. Like seriously. For me it's just gross but for them, it's like some tourist experience! Aiyoh. Haha. Came home a bit late for meeting coz we had to stop by a funeral of some distant relative.. Then had meeting.. Urgh. Hope ts doesn't take offence abt all the stuff I said. I'd rather say it to his face then keep badmouthing him behind his back la. Anyways.. yea then had durian..

Something I wanna blog abt is tt recently (i know i'm slow) i realized that I've really been taking my family, esp my parents, for granted.. I think maybe it's coz of the surrounding environment i grew up in, but I never ever grew up feeling wealthy or what until recently.. I kinda comprehend that my parents (ok, my DAD) is rather well-to-do (he needs to stop boasting about this - he keeps going like, "You know to own a car like mine what kind of yearly income you must be drawing?" etc..) but the thing is, I've never felt like i'm particularly rich or what. I mean, i know how it feels like to be feeling poor (like when my own finances are running low) but the thing is, I know that if i ever need money, all i have to do is ask. Recent events have made me rethink my family background.. The other day CAME were just chatting abt our finances and our parents.. And I realized that contrary to what I'd earlier believed, my friends aren't from wealthy backgrounds.. And I mean, i dunno it's just a bit of a shock to know that they.. I dunno how to say argh lol. Like, my parents really just leave me very much on my own, and I snap at them when they pry into my affairs.. I know why i do that (another story for another time) but anw.. Think i need to stop taking my parents for granted...

I mean, I've known all along that they really mean the best for me, it's just that sometimes the way they say and do things really really gets on my nerves.. Nevertheless, I swear I will make the effort to be a better daughter from now on. God help me! But like seriously.. I know I can count on my parents to be there for me no matter what and for that, i'm super thankful. And I'm very very glad that there's almost nothing that my family(i mean extended) cannot help me with. I'm not saying we're aristocratic, but now that I've seen more of Singapore, I realize that yea omg my relatives arh... *shakes head* Scary.

Enough of that.. I wanna go study for a bit now.. Won't be free at all tml coz of the Esprimere MAF Celeb =) Hehe. Ciao all~

No comments: